Friday, November 14, 2008

The Pains of Being Pure At Heart

I have come across a band with a rather long name called The Pains of Being Pure At Heart. Despite of the name, I guarantee that the band won't cause you any pain. Most of the songs I come across from this band are very melodic. I can sense some shoegazer influenced with a bit of The Smiths' & The Pastels' kind of melody. With proper marketing and distribution, this band has a great potential.

They sound like British but no, they are not British. They are a bunch of New Yorkers that love British music I believe. You can guess their taste of music based on the songs they write.

For samples, please check out the following site. Trust me you won't regret. What to regret when you're not paying anything to listen to their music?

The Pains of Being Pure At Heart

- "Everything With You" was the song that I first listened and it caught my interest instantly.

- "Come Saturday" - Very Ride-liked song.

- "Young Adult Friction" is another melodic song with a good combination of backup vocal. The female back vocalist, Peggy, did a good job here. It will be less interesting without her vocal. An outstanding song!

- "Stay Alive" is a slower tempo song - it won't caused any instant addiction but it will grow on you gradually. It reminds me of Morrissey.

No, they don't pay me any penny for advertisement. In fact they're not even aware that I am posting it here. Perhaps I should let them know to collect some cash that I am lack of :) Seriously, I think any music lovers should check them out.

Here's a video clip of the band with the song, Gothenberg Handshake. The video clips are poor quality but who cares when the music is great!!




Another video clip shot at Stockholm, Sweden .......What's this song????

2 comments:

kidfrostbite said...

the live video is "orchard of my eye."

Umbrella Rec said...

Thanks for the info