Saturday, November 01, 2008

The Cure: 4:13 Dream

One of my all time favourite bands is The Cure. A new album called "4:13 Dream" has been released lately but I have yet to check it out. Anyway, it's just a matter of time. How could any music fan misses out on The Cure?

During my university days back in England, I was close to attending a concert by The Cure at Sheffield University. The Goth Society I joined in my university was organising a bus trip to Sheffield and everyone were excited about it, including some non-members of Goth Society willing to join us. Unfortunately, Robert Smith fell ill and had to postpone it. The new date of the concert was the day I had already departed England. I still feel bitter about it today.

Yesterday, I was talking to a friend at Paul's Place (yeah, it was the infamous Paul's birthday party). We happened to bring up the topic of The Cure. This guy attended 2 concerts of The Cure one after another with his entire family by flying from one country to another. Yeah, the entire family including his young daughter who is also a fan of The Cure!! Looks like the addiction of The Cure can spread in different generations in a family. Amazing, right? It's proven how great is The Cure. Sometimes, I even come across cheesy pop music fans who love The Cure. I should have attended the concert of The Cure in Singapore! Now I feel regret! I heard The Jesus and Mary Chain is going to Singapore soon and I've already felt the itch!!!

Meanwhile, here's a video clip of The Cure with the new song, The Only One. This is a live version:

No comments: