Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Star That Doesn't Fade

Mazzy Star - This is an American dream-pop band that didn't suit my music taste in the 90s. They were too mellow and too "country" for me (Yeah, I hated country music before). I only discovered the beauty of the mellowness and the great voice of the beautiful Mexican-American singer, Hope Sandoval, in the last 3-4 years through the song "Fade Into You" & "Happy". Their music is dark and sad usually, just like the songs of Portishead, although Portishead is from a different genre - trip hop. Mazzy Star was active in the late 80s to 90s but I stopped hearing from them from year 2000 onwards. The band does not officially split-up and I hope they will continue to release more album in the near future to add up in their list of the current 3 albums: She Hangs Brightly, So Tonight That I Might See & Among My Swan.

Here are some video clips from the star that never fades...

"Halah":



"Happy":



"Fade Into You":



"Flowers In December:"

No comments: