Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fish Hotel

My colleague who would be traveling to overseas decided to leave 5 of his beloved goldfish with me when he would be away. Knowing that the poor fish might suffer in the absence of their owner, the way I lost some of my fishes when I was in overseas, I agreed to house his goldfish in my empty tank that I called the "fish hotel". Perhaps, it's a good idea for me to start a fish hotel business one day :)

I had to ask for my colleague to bring along his filter because I didn't have any spare filter and my air pump was already damaged. I also asked him to bring along the favourite fish food because I wanted the goldfish to be comfortable with the food they're used to. I had also tried my best to set up the same water parameter as my colleague's tank to reduce the stress of the goldfish in a new environment.

Although I am not a fan of goldfish, I hope my experience with my father's goldfish and my in-law's goldfish will come in handy. Let's hope all the 5 goldfish will remain alive under my care till the owner is back at the end of February 2009.

I left the bags of goldfish floating in the tank when I enjoyed my shower:



The goldfish were released into the tank after I finished my shower:

4 comments:

Fishman said...

Thanks so much. They looked pretty happy there. Anyway I don't think there is extra attention required for goldfish as compared to other fish.

Umbrella Rec said...

Oh yes, there is! Food...and more food. Goldfish are "water pigs" as you know...haha

Constance Chan said...

oh what a great idea - Fish Hotel... i'd be sending mine there if i live in the state!

Umbrella Rec said...

Constance, state? I hope you're not referring to the United States coz I live in Selangor state in Malaysia :)

I often refer to the United States when I mention "the state" :) Maybe I got you wrong..haha