Sunday, February 01, 2009

There Goes My Island Setup Tank



I have finally destroyed by island setup 3 feet tank by turning it into a jungle after accepting some plants from two of my friends. I still remember a friend kept asking me, "are you sure you want an island setup?", when I first started setting up this tank. Based on his experience a lot of people destroy the "island" eventually (this is exactly what has happened to me now). It takes a lot of discipline to stick to the "island" concept. For a regular rules breaker like myself, the "island" will not last.

These are the photos of the tank after destroying the "island".



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i'm sure the fish would love it still. more nooks and secret hideouts to play! gosh how u managed to keep those plants so healthy green... i'm sure if i start anything like it, in a week they'd all look like muddy swamp!

Umbrella Rec said...

You'll need the right type of light (2 watt per U.S. gallon) for the duration of 6-8 hours per day. Supply CO2 (this is optional but you'll see a big difference with and without CO2). Add some fertiliser such as Seachem root tab, Seachem Excel, Seachem Potassium, Seachem Nitrogen, Seachem Excel and Seachem Flourish. Did I scare you? Anyway, you probably don't need to add so many fertiliser in a low light tank and it also depends on the type of aquarium plants you have. Let me know if you need more detailed info.