Thursday, June 10, 2010

16 Year-Old Girl Lost In The Indian Ocean

Early this morning at 4am, I was awaken and failed to get back to sleep. So I got up to check my email online. I happened to notice the devastating news about Abby Sunderland, the 16 year-old girl who sails alone and currently lost at the Indian Ocean. It's really heartbroken to hear about the incident involving a young girl at such a tender age.

I personally think that a 16 year-old girl who dares to sail alone must be a very strong-will young lady. I sincerely admire her courage as I won't even dare to walk alone on land beyond 3 hours, let alone sailing in an ocean!

I hope she will return safe and really looking forward to hear some good news about her. You may check out her blog at the link below:

Abby's Blog

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Glad to hear that Abby was found to be safe but the closest boat could only reach her in over 24 hours.

No comments: