Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Metal Days

It has been ages since I last listened to something really noisy. I am not talking about punk rock or indie stuff here as they do not match the noise of the music I listen during my metal days back in the late 80s-90s. To experience the true noise of music, you have to listen to Heavy Metal. Check out Death Metal, Speed Metal and various Metal stuff....not just the lovey dovey Bon Jovi crap.

I remember a punk rock friend questioned me about Death Metal, "You call that music?". I just kept quiet because I listened to indie, punk rock as well as heavy metal during that era.

In times of trouble when I am really pissed off, heavy metal is the music that calms me down by letting me letting go of all the tension. You got to be joking if you tell me that the music of Britney Spears, Mozart, lovey dovey Bon Jovi or even Morrissey helps. I will need something noisy and really heavy like these:

Sepultura with Roots Bloody Roots:


Soulfly with Prophecy:

No comments: