Friday, May 08, 2009

Death

It has always been a painful process to loss a friend for me especially when you won't be seeing the person on planet Earth again - DEATH! This year seems like a horrible year because I have lost two friends to lung cancer. Both of them were non-smokers and I doubt they're regular drinkers.

Early this year, I lost an ex-colleague. She was my volunteer photographer on my wedding day and also my ex-colleagues in 3 different companies. I wish I had the opportunity to see her before she's gone. Unfortunately, she refused to let any of us visited her when she was hospitalised - I was not even aware that she was in Malaysia.

Last Sunday, I received a SMS from a friend. Initially I thought it was just another annoying advertisement SMS from Digi. It turned out that another of my friend was diagnosed with lung cancer. I was in Penang visiting my sick father and my friend was hospitalised in Klang. So, I could only plan for a visit after I returned to Petaling Jaya. During that period, I also sent out a couple of SMS to other friends and made some phone calls regarding the bad news. I told my sister about it and she printed out an article about consuming asparagus to fight cancer for my friend. The moment she passed me the article, I received another SMS that my friend had passed away. I could hardly believe it because I was hoping that he was wrongly diagnosed. The bad news hit me really hard. Barely 4 months, two of my friends were no longer with us.

I really hope that there is a cure for cancer. For prevention, I would encourage everyone to consume a lot of asparagus and green tea. At the same time, reduce the amount of meat consumption. I cannot say what is the possibility of success but let's hope that it works.

Let's hope that both of my friends are resting in peace now.....

2 comments:

constance said...

so sorry to hear about your friend.

guess life is so unpredictable it is hard to know if a life is taken because of illness or any unplanned event. but i guess this is all part of the plan by the man 'upstairs' and the lessons we take from our journey. we all learn from each other, watching ourselves, others before the end of the moment or juncture of our lives, short or long.

i read about your dad's request to have house dana from your sis' blog too.

just to update you: remember you asked about the last picture of my aquarium? below the pipe in between the in/outlets, when i lift the grey pc of plastic (with holes) are : 1. layer of spongelike material (like dishwashing scourer), 2. a thicker sponge and 3. a layer of some kind of granules contained in a soft cloth material at the bottom.

Not sure why the middle section is there, maybe that is the filter, but then again, the pipe is where the water is sucked up fr the left to the right so the water actually collects at the right side where the square area is. So how does it filter the water in between, i am not sure. But the water can be controlled by a lever (second pic) by how much water is gushed out at the far right outlet.

I hope i make some kind of sense here...LOL

querked said...

hey man, so sorry to hear of your lost, yet again. Death will never be an easy thing to deal with...afterall, it's only through death that we're able to grieve and appreciate lost. Deepest condolences dude...