Monday, August 04, 2008

Trouble With Tenaga Nasional Berhad

I received a notice for not paying the electricity bill on time from our "favourite company" TNB. That's a mistake on my part. However, I managed to settle the bill before receiving the notice.

In the notice, there was a number to call - 03-79557733. In order to inform them that my bill had been settled, I called them. Totally, I called them 4 times. Each time, there were at least 5-6 ringing tones with nobody picking up the call.

Finally, I decided to let it continue ringing. Eureka!! The call was routed to the call centre after countless number of rings. The customer service that picked up the call amazed me. Here's my conversation with the "woman", it may not be 100% accurate but the the incident is accurate:

Customer Service: "Hello"
Me: "Hello, saya terima notis pemotongan....." (Translation: Hello, I received a termination notice.....) [I was interrupted half way when the call was being transferred]

My goodness! How rude was the customer service representative! She didn't even ask me to hold on. She just cut me off in the middle of conversation. If I knew her name, I would have given her a headache by now.

Thank goodness. The following guy who picked up the call was very pleasant.

Coming up is "Trouble with Telekom Malaysia"...stay tune!!

No comments: