Sunday, August 03, 2008

I Walk The Line

I'm not a hardcore country music fan but there is an exception when it comes to the late Johnny Cash. I used to force my dad and sister to play the song, I Walk The Line, at the old turntable over and over when I was about 4 - 6 years old.

I only knew the song as "cowboy song" then. I didn't know who was the singer and the song's title till 2 years ago, when I heard it on the radio played by my DJ buddy, Maya, at Traxx FM. Also thanks to the influence of my singer-songwriter friend, Azmyl Yunor (I nicknamed him as "cowboy"), I started to dig into my childhood roots - country music. I am not talking about today's pop influenced country music...I am talking about true country music. I don't hate hybrids though - I love alternative-country bands like the good old Uncle Tupelo that eventually gave birth to Wilco and Son Volt.

Here's a video clip of my country hero. Yeehaa!!!

No comments: