Monday, August 11, 2008

Tanks - After Minor Rescape

Cut off some of the Marsilea with green spot algae and moving the position of Marsilea over the weekend. Also throwing away some Spiky Moss with hair algae. If you see carefully, you will notice some sections of the moss are brown. Those areas I overdosed with Seachem Excel unintentionally - I was trying to get rid of hair algae but unfortunately I killed the moss as well. There are three different moss in the tank - Taiwan Moss (Right), Spiky Moss (Middle) and Christmas Moss (Left).


The following is another tank that I have my bitter war with hair algae. It gives me the impression that moss is a hair algea magnet. Hair algae seems to love living side by side to moss. I consider moss as a very high maintenance plant. Honestly, I almost threw all the moss away because of my frustration with hair algae. I threw over 70% of the moss which covered almost the entire tank during the weekend.


No comments: