Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Noisy Midnight Ghosts

There are a lot of noisy "ghosts" at the nearby Mamak restaurants whenever soccer season arrives. They remind me of Poltergeist.

Imagining, you're sleeping soundly at 3am-4am, suddenly you jump out of your bed because a group of "ghosts" shouted "GOAL!!!!" thinking the apartment was on fire. If you're a light sleeper, you could not sleep in the first place because the television set was blasting off really loud in the middle of the night.

I wonder where are the brains of those Mamak operators. It's fine if they want to run their business 24 hours but disturbing the peace after 12am - 7am is unacceptable. Where are the police? Well, I can tell you my experience. I called them once and the response I received was "Biasalah" (It's normal). Isn't it their duty to prevent people from making noise after midnight? I bet the policemen were watching and yelling "Goal!!" in the middle of the night too. This is the reliability of our police force!! They rather waste their time on something ridiculous like arresting people for their dress code.

I think all the Mamak restaurants should be banned from turning on their television sets after 12am. Since they cannot control their customers from making noise, they should not be allowed to switch on the television sets. If they can afford to have a sound proof restaurant, they can go ahead. The midnight noise rule is applicable to night clubs & pubs. I believe this should be applicable to all kinds of restaurants, shopping complexes and shops unless they can operate without any noise.

No comments: