Saturday, May 24, 2008

3 Feet Tank Update: Add Java Fern

I went to AI (Aquatic International) which was an international fish exporter/importer. I was there hunting for Kuhli Loaches - yeah, the snake/worm-liked fish. I was disappointed to find only 2 skinny Kuhli Loaches in a tank labeled "Kuhli Loach". Eventually while observing all the tanks, I spotted 3 fat Kuhli Loaches in another tank's filter. I asked for permission to catch them and purchased them since they looked healthier despite living in the filter. In terms of price, it's almost double the price I normally paid for. Anyway, I could not resist them. They're all under quarantine in a pail now.

I also purchase RM10 of Java Fern. It looked very healthy. Hopefully this time I can keep it alive. I had bad luck with Java Ferns in the past - some of you may not believe me since it's one of the easiest plant to grow.

Here's my 3 feet tank after adding the new Java Fern in the background:

No comments: