Saturday, March 21, 2009

Diana Walstad's Experimental Tank Part 4

I decided to remove Hornwort and put them in the bin because it looked messy and it melted when my lighting set blew up forcing me to leave the tank without any light for one day. Trust me, next time if you want to send your existing light for modification, don't do it. It's a waste of time and money, unless you do it yourself and willing to take risk. It's wiser and easier to replace the entire lighting set. I am currently using Aqua Zonic lighting set with 55 watt PLL. Another product from China!!! It's damn difficult to find non-made-in-China product these days and Japanese products are too expensive (referring to ADA).

I am having difficulties keeping the Glosso planted because the Platies keep pulling them out. The water looks a bit brownish comparing with the rest of my non-garden soil tanks. I suppose it does not look that bad as it stands out among the tanks. Maybe I have been replanting the Glosso almost everyday causing the soil to be stirred up a bit. No outbreak of algae so far. The fry are still able to hide among the plants although I saw some fry being chased around by the adults a few times. It's no longer as safe as when Hornwort was around. I also have difficulties keeping the stem plants planted. Somehow, they keep floating up. So I decide to let them be. I know I am not being patience.

My last Black Molly fry died in this tank days ago for unknown reason. The rest of the fishes are fine.

This is how the tank looks like currently:

No comments: