Monday, December 15, 2008

Real Angels

Do you believe in angels? I do.

I am not talking about angels with wings that fly from Heaven. There is nothing superstitious about the angels I am referring. You may see or meet them personally without realising them.

I am talking about angels in the form of human being that you may have met in your everyday lives. They could strangers that you do not even know their names or you could not even recall their names but you will remember their good deeds forever. Normally, they appear in times of trouble.

I still remember two British old folks that came to our rescue when my friends are I were lost in one of the city in England. We carried a map but completely had no idea whether to go straight, turn left, turn right or turn back. We didn't even know where we were!

I also remember an art student that came to look for a room when I was in the midst of shifting out because of a "civil war" in the house. I was in trouble because of the "civil war" causing me to loss concentration on my exam. I almost lost hope in my exam. The guy and myself became an instant friend after I revealed the actual situation of the house and he encouraged to move away too. His words of encouragement indirectly helped me to focus on my exam. At the same time, another angel appears - a friend who were in the midst of looking for a house for rent helped me to look for a new place to stay. It's ashamed that I have lost contact with both of them.

Recently, my colleague and I were in Paris searching for the location of a hostel. We were pretty lost upon arriving at the train station because we could not find the road sign. I asked for direction but nobody seemed to know the place although it was not that far away. A French lady who was on her way into the train station saw our situation and volunteered to help. She could not even speak English well and we had trouble communicating. Eventually she decided to bring us to the location. Without her we might never find the hostel because it's hidden from the main road.

When my colleague and I were departing from Paris at the airport, we could not even find the counter to check in because it was not even opened yet. A helpful French Cambodian guy who was in charge of the luggage volunteered to set up the queuing lane even though it was not his job. By the way, the guy was a Chinese descendant from Cambodia escaping the war that could speak fluent Mandarin. It's very rare to find someone that could speak Asian language in an European airport. It was our lucky day!

I sincerely would like to thank these people that appear out of nowhere to help me. They are the true angels!

3 comments:

Fishman said...

Indeed there are many angels out there. Perhaps we are someone else's angels too.

Umbrella Rec said...

It feels good to be an "angel" too, isn't it? Maybe I should go out and walk around to see whether I can be someone's angel during Christmas day :)

Constance Chan said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas, ho ho ho :P