Friday, October 28, 2011

Aquarium Fan Review


Jebo (small one) - very noisy since day one. Powerful? Well, I can accept it but as it becomes older, it's so noisy that I have to send it for retirement permanently after several attempts to clean & oil it.



Jebo (twin fans) - very quiet compare with the single fan one. I find it not powerful and getting worse as it gets old. I have 2 of these. After several years....1st set got a damaged fan (meaning only 1 of the twin fans is working). 2nd set is working but totally not powerful.
Ista (small one) - Very powerful - will beat Jebo anytime. Very noisy...it's very obvious at night.


Mr. Aqua Super Tornado Cooling Fan - In terms of noise level, this is the best option so far - very quiet indeed. It's so quiet that I thought it was not turned on. It's not as powerful as Ista's but in comparison with Jebo's, it's very good. It's rather bulky and heavy though.



Dymax fan - I was told by the LFS that the quality is uncertain. It may last only 3-4 months if you're unlucky. I did not bother to check it out after hearing such comment from the LFS.

I have tried another fans which I cannot remember the brand - it is white colour and the box has Japanese words. It is totally not powerful at all.

7 comments:

Martin Lee said...

So what would be the best fan that you recommend to use then?

Umbrella Rec said...

A stated in the post, Mr. Aqua Super Tornado Cooling Fan is the best option provided you don't mind that it is ugly, heavy and bulky

Anonymous said...

nice

Atta Rehman said...

Incidentally, I like the way you have structured your site, it is super

and very easy to follow. I have bookmarked you and will be back

regularly. Thank you
diabetic rice

RH said...

Hi, Nice post! Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Harry
harry.roger10@gmail.com

Cooling fans said...

It is amazing how many laptops/notebooks have ineffective cooling. Poor laptop cooling is a top reason for laptop failures in my humble opinion. A laptop without good laptop cooling will have its hard drive, CPU, motherboard and battery life greatly reduced very quickly.

Umbrella Rec said...

FYI, these are not laptop fans and do not have anything to do with laptop fans. These are aquarium fans.

Well, anyway PC fans are actually better to be used as aquarium fans. It's cheaper too.