Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Natural Planted Tank Update



This is how my NPT (Natural Planted Tank) as of today. The faunas remain as Platies and Endlers but I have also added a pair of Kribs lately after they're bullied by another breeding pair of Kribs from another tank. Therefore you may have noticed the additional pot.

I threw out a lot of plants from this tank because they were either hit by BBA, stunted or dead. I only keep those doing well in the tank currently. The water of this tank is often full of debris because the tank is overcrowded with fishes. Furthermore there's no filter.

I am quite happy with this tank that I use common garden soil (Topsoil) and Holland sand although it looks messy. It cannot beat a tank with ADA soil which is likely to look very neat but what the heck in terms of $$$$ ????

2 comments:

Aqautic Plants said...

Your natural planted tank looks great. It's been some time, I wonder what it looks like now.

Umbrella Rec said...

I have actually posted new photos of the tank lately. Check them out.